One year of Silvia, in numbers:
🧘♀️ 183 hours of yoga classes
💬 16,920 conversations with users
🎧 365 hours listening to music
1. What was your idea of Oval before joining the team?
To me, Oval was a young and innovative startup that wanted to make significant changes in the financial world in order to make finance easier for everyone.
2. After a year in Oval, how has this idea changed?
In this year my idea about Oval hasn't changed. On the contrary, the idea that it is an innovative startup has strengthened in me.
3. Which aspect of the team impressed you the most when joining Oval? Why?
The aspects that impressed me the most were the possibility of being involved in projects developed between different teams and the presence of a stimulating environment that allows you to get involved in different situations. Thanks to these aspects, I was able to develop a different approach in dealing with users.
4. What do you like to do when you're not at work?
I love sports, I often go to the gym and I am passionate about yoga and Pilates. I also love rock music from the 80s, I collect records and I love to attend concerts by my favorite artists.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Tokyo or Hong Kong.
6. What characterises your desk?
I am a big fan of tea and herbal teas, so a good cup of tea can never be missing on my desk. At home I have a large collection of herbal teas and I never forget to bring them with me at work.
7. What did you study?
I have a Bachelor's degree in Foreign Languages and Literature from the University of Bologna and a Master's degree in European Heritage Digital Media and Information Society from the University of Turku, Finland.
8. Tell us about one of your most exciting moments in Oval.
The launch of Oval Pay, definitely! I had just arrived at the company and I still didn't feel confident about my job, yet I found myself to be one of the first points of contact for users who activated this product. It was a challenge that I faced with pleasure because it gave me the opportunity to get to know the product deeper.
9. What is your superpower in the workplace?
My analytical ability, which allows me to solve the most complicated problems that users may find in the app.
10. Which superpower would you like to have outside the office?
Teleportation, to travel everywhere in complete freedom.
11. What was the biggest challenge you faced in Oval?
One of the biggest challenges was when we changed partners and banking infrastructure. For us working with customers, it was both a great challenge to help and guide all users through this new phase of the product and a great opportunity to understand even more closely how users live the app experience.
12. Which of the initiatives proposed in Oval (perks) do you like the most and why?
Being a sports fanatic, I am happy to have had the opportunity to do yoga twice a week in the office. I also really appreciated, during the lockdown period, the opportunity that Oval gave us to take video yoga classes on Fitprime TV.
13. What’s your favorite quote?
“τὰ πάντα ῥεῖ καὶ οὐδὲν μένει” or panta rei, everything flows.