Last year, great changes were underway for our app: in early April we renewed Oval's identity and were laying the foundations for the completely redesigned 5.0 version, in plan for summer 2019.
Dave joined the team in this hectic period , surrounding us with his calm and his Zen approach! In the blink of an eye he made the Oval reality his own and left his signature in the organisation of the projects ... all obviously in a methodical and orderly way.
One year of Davide (this is the real name), in numbers:
- ⛰ 15 “Berg heil” (the greeting of mountaineers when. they reach the top)
- 🚶♂️ 910 km by feet (home-work-back home)
- 🤑 +50 Pay to Pay done in app (mostly to Donato, the other Product Manager)
- 💬 +200 User stories written
1.What was your idea of Oval before you started?
I had been able to work with several people from Oval already, so I was very interested on both a personal and professional level. But first of all, I have been an Ovaler since its inception and working for something you use is a very stimulating thing!
2. After a year in Oval, how has this idea changed?
The experience is still stimulating, indeed over time it has been enriched with new challenges and it is gratifying to feel part of an interesting project like Oval.
3. What is your favourite thing to do outside of work?
Admiring new landscapes, preferably at high altitudes 🏔
Listening to music, preferably from my turntable (Technics) 🎧
Collecting sneakers, preferably black 🖤
4. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Anywhere, as long as it's tall enough to enjoy the view, savouring past efforts.
5. What did you want to do when you were a child?
Keep on playing, with money 💵
6. What did you study?
I studied Advertising graphics, Cognitive psychology and Interaction Design.
I started mixing study with work from the beginning, and I hope over time to stop doing the second thing and continue with the first one.
7. What did you do before coming to Oval?
I was trying to work in Oval :)
Actually, I started my professional career as a freelancer, then I became an entrepreneur by starting a User Experience consulting firm covering Italy and San Francisco, which was then acquired.
8. What is your superpower in the workplace?
9. And which non-work related superpower would you like?
I'd love to have a double ... Ah wait! In reality I have one already: Giovanni 😅
10. What's your biggest weakness?
Not being able to resist the sweets and pretzels in the Oval kitchen. 😋
11. What is your favourite Oval perk and why?
Linking to some answers above, I think investing in the training of people is a fundamental thing, so I consider this perk very valuable.
12. What's your favourite quote?
Currently it's one from Kobe Bryant: “Everything negative – pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity for me to rise.” ⛹🏾♂️🏀