Oval People: 1 year in Oval for Andrés, Product Designer
1 min read
One year of Andrés, in numbers:
✏️ 1,648 components created
🍛 12 new recipes learned
📚 25 books read
1.What was your idea of Oval before joining the team?
Oval was in my interesting products list for a while. Eventually I decide to give it a chance and I got captured by the bold interface and experience design.
2. After a year in Oval, how has this idea changed?
I'm behind the scenes now, and now I know the unbelievable amount of attention that goes into every feature, screen and line of code.
3. Which aspect of the team impressed you the most when joining Oval? Why?
Everyone's energy. Working with young, motivated, smart people makes every challenge feel like an adventure.
4. What do you like to do when you're not at work?
Reading, hiking and learning new things.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I feel I want to live everywhere. One place at a time. 🗺
6. What did you want to do when you grew up?
I wanted to become an architect, and somehow, I did.
7. What characterises your desk?
A never-empty, large mug of coffee.
8. What did you study?
Product design and Visual Communication.
9. What did you do before coming to Oval?
I was helping people with neurologic conditions having better monitoring tools.
10. What is your superpower in the workplace?
11. Which superpower would you like to have outside the office?
Interdimensional travel to sneak into infinite realities.
12. What’s your biggest weakness?