If every hiring has a story, Ronna’s is an epic novel! The adventures began already during the interview, when she was “trapped” in our office for almost 2 hours during a hailstorm. Her smile and Asian features immediately intrigued the Oval team. Who was that girl? What was she waiting for?
After the weather storm, there was a bureaucratic “storm”. Although Ronna had been in Europe for years, she was just about to renew her residence permit. It took several calls but we didn’t give up, Ronna’s artistic talent was totally worth those calls!
One year of Ronna, in numbers:
♫ 500+ songs listened on Spotify
🎨 200 creative contents done
🏅 10 medals on writing competitions
😺 5 cats
1. What was your idea of Oval before joining the team?
I came across Oval a year ago when I looked up for startup tech companies in Italy online. Immediately, I liked the young, international and innovative vibe that it offered me.
2. After a year in Oval, how has this idea changed?
Turned out that it is indeed a young, international and innovative environment. It supports ideas coming from all ages and backgrounds and integrate them with technology to ease out people’s financial lives progressively.
3. Which aspect of the team impressed you the most when joining Oval? Why ?
Teamwork. I think that despite all the everyday work stress that we encounter, at the end of the day we are all flexible enough to work things out and support each other.
4. What do you like to do when you're not at work?
I mostly drown myself in good music while painting. However, the quarantine period had me learning to play the guitar and singing.
5. So, what would you sing in a karaoke night?
Iris by Goo Goo Dolls 🎤
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I didn’t find that specific place yet. I see the world as a book and I think I’ve only read a few chapters so far.
7. What characterizes your desk?
Minimalist. I mean, I can work even with just my laptop and earphones alone. 😉
8. What did you do before coming to Oval?
I studied Visual and Multimedia Arts. Then I was a graphic designer and video editor in a small scale business in the south of Italy.
9. What is your superpower in the workplace?
Being able to put myself in my own bubble and having a flow in my work. All thanks to my music playlist.
10. What’s your biggest weakness?
I can never say no to spicy food.
11. Which perk offered by Oval do you like the most and why?
I talked about food before, and my favorite perk also relate to this: nothing beats starting your day with a good breakfast - we do have a lot of free breakfast in Oval!
12. What’s your favorite quote?
“Fall down seven times, get up eight” (it's also a book by Naoki Higashida).