Last October Oval went to Sicily for our yearly retreat. One month later, Sicily came to us in the form of Alessio! A year on, and he is still our point of contact with the island, working remotely from his home there in the sun!
In order to feel like he was with them all the time, his squad decided to buy a tablet and a tripod to be connected to him throughout the working day. Of course, they added their special Oval touch and bought a long black wig to adorn it with, to make it look just like Alessio! A funny sight and a plus for remote employee engagement!
One year of Alessio, in numbers:
☎️ 500+ calls with the team
🤓 48,570+ lines of code added to the Oval app
🎸 1 (Tool FTW) once in a lifetime concerts seen
😂 -1 willingness to appear in this blogpost
1. What was your idea of Oval before you started?
I was already a user of the app and I liked that a small company like Oval had created such a beautiful product! This was one of the reasons I couldn't wait to join the Oval team.
2. After a year working with us, would you say it was everything you expected it to be?
Not exactly ... but if everything had worked out as expected, I would have missed part of the fun! Not to mention, the group of friends I was lucky to find here!
3. Given you had the chance again would you take the opportunity to work with Oval?
100%! Being part of a company like Oval doesn't happen often.
4. What did you do before you started with Oval?
I was an interface developer for a large e-commerce company ... nothing comparable in terms of engagement
5. What is your favourite thing to do outside of work?
Karts were my passion, but I had to stop. Now I'd say gaming, guitar and a bit of healthy gardening
6. What is your favourite drink to order at the bar?
I'm very fond of beer, especially if it's blonde and Belgian!
7. What is the one thing you couldn’t live without?
Editor's note: Not beer?!?
8. What’s your biggest fear?
Arachnophobia ... This beast is a wild beast! 😂
9. What’s your biggest weakness?
Laziness, a bit like Snorlax 😴
10. What did you want to be growing up?
Even then I knew what I didn't want to be: an Italian politician 👔
11. If you could go on holiday anywhere in the world where would it be?
I would like to take a trip to a place on the edge of modern society, perhaps in Nepal, Tibet or neighbouring countries.
12. What’s your favourite quote/line from a movie?
"I am the one who knocks"! I hope you all know where it comes from!