If you followed Oval's blog last month, you'd have seen that in June we celebrated a few one-year anniversaries! Now, only a few days in, and July 2019 promises to be a month of just as many celebrations!
This month the 9th is the date to celebrate! Since 9th July 2018 a whole host of great things have happened.
- the number of people based in London has risen by 200%
- we've laid the foundation for the compliance team
- we've made English our official office language
But most importantly, on 9th July 2018 we hired the fourth Simone!
Now, on his one year anniversary with Oval, let's get to know him better. Simone combines UX / UI Design and Front-End skills with some impressive football talent that isn't limited to just the field. He's also a pro at FIFA and table-football. Not for nothing is he nicknamed Bimber; a mix of the Italian word "Bomber" (striker) and the word "Birba" (rascal) referring to his tenacity and determination to win at an cost.
The name "Bomber" works for him on a professional level too, as his design proposals always hit the bullseye. Finally, Bimber is also a time-management master. It's the only way he can cultivate and master his many passions outside of work.
1 year of Bimber in numbers:
✏️ 57.750.000 Pixel Perfect drawn
🎸 360 hours playing the guitar
🎲 +100 board game won
🚂 1.095 hours on a train
🏔 142 km walked in the mountains with his dog
- What was your idea of Oval before you started?
None in particular, I had heard only good things about Oval and I knew one of the founders, with whom I had worked in the past. I knew inside of me that I would feel well there and I accepted the challenge!
2. Given you had the chance again would you take the opportunity to work with Oval?
Endless times! I've learnt a lot from the team, both on the business and human level.
3. What is your favourite thing to do outside of work?
I have a passion for mountains and all that revolves around them: camping, snowboarding, fishing, rafting and climbing. I spend my free time playing guitar, playing unconventional board games and doing some skateboarding tricks.
4. What is your favourite drink to order at the bar?
Coffee and croissants for breakfast, a glass of Barbera for lunch and craft beer for happy hour or "To Go Home Satisfied" after dinner.
5. If you could go on holiday anywhere in the world where would it be?
I would go to Alaska, to experience living surrounded by nature.
6. What is your degree in?
In Graphic & Virtual Design at Turin Polytechnic.
7. What did you do before you started with Oval?
I worked as Project Manager & UX / UI Design for an Italian-American company.
8. What’s your dream job?
Professional Skater or Surfer or Snowboarder.
9. What’s your biggest weakness?
I always say Yes, a whole lot of times!
10. What’s your favourite quote/line from a movie?
"Keep the change, you filthy animal ..." - from Home Alone.
11. What did you want to be growing up?
12. What would you like to be famous for?
For making a positive transformation in people's lives.