Slightly more than a year ago I received an email from an Oval admirer.
It was so passionate and revealed such a level of competence that I decided to check out the author's LinkedIn profile. It was such a surprise to discover that he would be ideal for a position we had in mind, but weren't even able to put on paper yet!
After 4 interviews and 365 days with our developers, Donato is still a proud fan of Oval, always ready to offer his contribution to every initiative - including as our Facebook Live talks, where you might have already gotten to know him a bit!
Donato's year in numbers:
📌 1.343 user stories done on Jira
🚢 30 releases
🏃🏻♂️ 3 hours of half marathon with some brave colleagues under the downpour
🛌 Very few hours of sleep thanks to the toddler-work combo
☕️ Infinite coffees
1.What was your idea of Oval before you started?
I thought it was a madhouse, and I was hoping I was mad enough to fit in!
2. After working with us for a year, would you say it was everything you expected it to be?
Yes, and even more! Working in Oval can create an addiction.
3. Given you had the chance again would you take the opportunity to work with Oval?
4. What is your favourite thing to do outside of work?
When I am not running after my 2-year-old son, I like to watch TV series to switch off completely from everything else.
5. What is your favourite drink to order at the bar?
Cornetto and cappuccino in Turin, granita and brioche in Sicily.
6. If you could go on holiday anywhere in the world where would it be?
To the International Space Station. Can you imagine the silence up there?!
7. What is your degree in?
Engineering (Ed. he forgot to say he has a PhD and a Masters in General Management!)
8. What did you do before you started with Oval?
I was working as an Agile PMO in a bank.
9. What's your biggest fear?
Serious and sincere answer: not being abele to give the best to my son.
Easy answer: to walk barefoot on the rocks (ouch!)
10. What's your favourite quote?
You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. (The Matrix)
11. What did you want to be growing up?
12. What would you like to be famous for?
To have brought an improvement, however small, into people's lives.