Last May was as rainy as this year's, but at Oval our ray of sunshine was the arrival of Martina. By taking up the plethora of practical and administrative tasks, it enabled us founders to focus on the strategic ones.
Today, her support is fundamental in keeping the engagement of the team high and making sure that every member has everything they need to create their best work. From computers and coffee, to salaries and party props; Martina manages them all!
Martina's year in numbers:
📩 5345 e-mails received (newsletters excluded)
🤹🏼♀️ 22 on-boardings for new hires
🚂 253 trains booked for colleagues
😁 1000 smiles received for taking good care of us
While waiting to find out where she will lead us for the next Oval retreat, let's get to know her better:
1.What were your preconceptions of Oval before you started?
Being part of a growing start-up was my dream, and I hoped Oval could make it a reality!
2. After a year working with us, would you say it was everything you expected it to be?
As expected I had the feeling that my contribution, like everybody else's here, was essential. Also, the rate of growth was even quicker than I expected!
3. Given you had the chance again would you take the opportunity to work with Oval?
Of course! Where else would I be featured in a blog post for my work anniversary?! ;-)
4. What is your favourite thing to do outside of work?
Adventurous trips, by bike for example!
5. What is your favourite drink to order at the bar?
If there is a cocktail list, I pick the strangest one. Otherwise, I stick to a classic beer or San Simone (Turin's bitter!).
6. If you could go on holiday anywhere in the world where would it be?
I am really fascinated by China... where I am hopefully heading next winter!
7. What is the one thing you couldn’t live without?
As frivolous as it may sound, I would say lip balm! I have a ton of them and I never leave home without one.
8. What is your degree in?
9. What did you do before you started with Oval?
I worked in the biggest automotive company in Turin as an executive assistant.
10. What’s your dream job?
Helping companies to create a great organizational culture, like Oval's.
11. What's your biggest fear?
Bed bugs; the fact that you can't see them and they attack you while you are at your most vulnerable makes me freak out!
12. What’s your biggest weakness?
I am a big saver (in line with Oval philosophy!), but sometimes I tend to overestimate cheaper options when making decisions.
13. What’s your favourite quote/line from a movie?
"It's time to stop being a good girl" (from Mathilda, my favourite childhood movie)
14. What did you want to be growing up?
I had different passions at different periods. What lasted the longest was the desire to be a detective!
15. What would you like to be famous for?
I am currently reading the biography of Fosco Maraini and that's a great example of how I would like to be: not really famous, but worth being esteemed.