Fabio's year in numbers:
☕ Coffees: 960
🔛 Deploys managed: 1590
✈️ Flights taken: 6
🏎️ Km driven: 25.000
Last October was a particularly fruitful month in terms of new additions to the team, so we are now celebrating their anniversaries one after the other. Now it's time for Fabio's first year in Oval!
A dev-ops expert - the only one in the company so far - Fabio manages the integration between the developers' team, operations, and quality assurance. Efficiency, security and passion are key parts of his modus operandi, as you'll see from his answers to our questions:
- What were your preconceptions of Oval before you started? I was a bit frustrated and disappointed, hoping to find a company aligned with my vision; with Oval Money instead I perceived a particular kinship at first glance.
- After a year working with us would you say it was everything you expected it to be? Definitely YES, a firm like Oval in Italy is a unique example.
- Given you had your chance again would you take the opportunity to work with Oval? Surely.
- What is your favourite thing to do outside of work? I’m a cheerful (or eclectic) person, I enjoy studying and discovering how the world works but in particular I love handling engines and gaming.
- What is your favourite drink to order at the bar? It depends on the time of the day: during the day an ice-tea, after dinner a black russian.
- If you could go on holiday anywhere in the world where would it be? Everywhere.
- What is the one thing you couldn’t live without? Issues, I find them stimulating, and they force you to constantly learn and improve.
- What is your degree in? My need to work and willingness to prove myself did not allow me to consider University as a road to undertake. While my peers were studying for their bachelors I was implementing 3D holographic systems you could interact with by just waving a hand.
- What did you do before you started with Oval? I worked for 3 years as an R&D Head Developer for interactive B2B systems; afterwards I moved into Web for a couple of years as a FullStack Developer and finally I started working in DevOps as I do now in Oval.
- What’s your dream job? I luckily picked it when I joined here.
- What’s your biggest fear? Failure, even if I’m aware that it’s a necessary step towards success.
- What’s your biggest weakness? My ego.
- What’s your favourite quote/line from a movie? “Follow the White Rabbit” (Matrix)
- What did you want to be growing up? I still don't know!
- What would you like to be famous for? For having revolutionised the world thanks to an invention that makes it a better place.