Francesco's year in numbers:
⚽ 12 penalties saved in futsal
🍷 3 months without alcohol
🏅 10 km on his brand new skateboard
🤓 89.939 lines of code
⚡ Pokemon found: all!
It's been a while since we celebrated an Oval birthday, and now it's Francesco's! We actually recruited Francesco in Berlin over a terrible German coffee. We like to think the lure of great Italian coffee wasn't the only reason he came back to Italy with us :) We're also celebrating a personal record for him, as we're the first company in which Fra has worked for more than a year. What better way to celebrate his one year anniversary than seeing the approaching launch of the investment marketplace, which he developed the front-end for?!
- What were your preconceptions of Oval before you started? I was living in Germany and my only preconception was that it was time to come back home, no matter how!
- After a year working with us would you say it was everything you expected it to be? I am back and without regrets, so yes, my expectations were met.
- If you had your chance again would you take the opportunity to work with Oval? Sure, for the job, but also because I met amazing colleagues!
- What's your favourite thing to do outside of work? I have been so busy with work recently that I almost forgot what "outside" means! Jokes apart, I am almost a champion of futsal and I travel 40 km to Asti every time I go and train!
- What's your favourite drink to order at the bar? I challenge my friend Polla, who works at Mad, to create me the most delicious drinks she can imagine.
- If you could go on holiday anywhere in the world where would it be? I would go backpacking in Japan for at least a month. Hopefully, this dream will become reality next year.
- What's the one thing you couldn’t live without? The sea and my peculiarly-designed T-shirts.
- What's your degree in? IT Engineering (5 years)
- What did you do before you started with Oval? I worked in the same role in another start-up in Germany. Then I had too many pfannkuchen and I realised it was time to come back to Italy.
- What’s your dream job? It would be to be a developer in Oval, but in the backend :-P
- What’s your biggest fear? To lose. At whatever game.
- What’s your biggest weakness? Maybe food. And to lose. At whatever game.
- What’s your favourite quote/line from a movie? "Hola. Mi nombre es Iñigo Montoya" from La Storia Fantastica (or at least once it was that, now there would be too many!)
- What did you want to be growing up? Alberto Angela (famous Italian writer and journalist)
- What would you like to be famous for? For this blogpost. It took me so much effort!